Tenerife - Golf del Sur
Golf del Sur is a course initially designed by Jose Gancedo and then remodelled in 2005 by Manuel Piñero. It is the first Canarian golf with three competition courses with 9 holes. It has hosted the Tenerife Open, European Tour tournament in 1989, 1992, 1993 and 1994.
It is a very fun course, with wide and undulating fairways that are lined with large palm trees and volcanic sand traps. The greens are very well maintained. It has two large lakes affecting holes 3, 4 and 5. It is a course suitable for all the handicaps and can be played by walk.
Golf del Sur is one of the courses in Spain certified by TÜV on standard ISO 14001 Environment and Biosphere Golf.
- Urbanización Golf del Sur, Galván Bello s/n. 38639 San Miguel de Abona. Tenerife
- Construction year
- José Gancedo/Manuel Piñero
- Length ( in meters )
- White 5821(L)/5764(N)/5897(S)
- Yellow 5607(L)/5568(N)/5637(S)
- Red 5017(L)/5030(N)/5005(S)
- Slope / Course Rating
- White 131/72.7-135/71.8-137/72.7
- Yellow 129/71.7-135/70.9-137/71.4
- Red 132/74.2-133/73.9-137/74.1